Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Breakfast Cereal Boxes

Year 8 PE, Room 11

They’ve got theory, or something like that, so I’ve put them in a classroom. The work left by the teacher is an activity where the kids are to design their own breakfast cereal box. Weird, huh? The kids don’t seem to mind, and get to dreaming up various ideas and drawing them. One kid’s got a cereal made of worms, another one insists on a design that incorporates a picture of a certain teacher.

A couple of girls come in late and I just give them the work and leave them alone. A student later tells me they’re actually not supposed to be in this class and should be sent away. I tell him I don’t care, just as long as they’re occupied somewhere then it shouldn’t matter. When the girls realise I know they’re not supposed to be there and I don’t care, the joke they’re playing seems to lose it’s appeal, and they decide to leave. One of the girls tells me, “You’re a strange man.” I take it as a compliment.

No comments:

Post a Comment